Sunday, January 03, 2010

Day 3 Sunday - Honolulu, Oahu

We got up a bite early at 6:30 to get ready for our catamaran ride at 9am. We took the bus to the Wade center. When we got there, we were informed that the waves were too rough and the rides were canceled today. We were unable to reschedule for the rest of the week. We went back to the Wailana cafe again and got the all you can eat pancakes with 2 strips of bacon and eggs. They had delicious coconut syrup in addition to the regular and strawberry. The waitress was subpar and we could have gotten better service.

After lunch, we went back to the hotel to change and then to Waikiki beach and rental umbrellas/chairs and a boogie board. We were there for about two hours with an hour in the he water. The water was salty and the waves were not rough. After that, we laid out in the sun to dry. We found the place to rent mopeds for 4 hours. Since I have not had the foundations of riding a bike, it was hard for me and I did want to pay $1700 for a replacement so I decided not do the ride. My mom did not feel comfortable either so my brother went alone to ride around the city.

My mom and I went on our separate ways to the Haagen-Dazs for a quick ice cream break. I had to stop by the Del Sol to see what exclusives they had there. We also took some pictures in front of the beach. We decided to take the city bus to Iolani Palace and get some pictures in the area. They had Christmas decorations still out on display near their city hall. We went back to get trolley tickets with our all inclusive pass. We got back to the hotel to refresh before heading out to dinner. I found some coupons for a Thai restaurant near us and we went to eat dinner there. The place was lightly sparse with a few people. We ordered chicken pad Thai, chicken pepper dish and yellow curry/chicken/potato and green curry/chicken/egg plant. The food was good but not unbelievably good. I would not have paid full price for that food or visit there again. We took the trolley around town and walked along the streets to take in the sights. Caught up on a show and went to bed.

My System Wide Upgrades appeared under my upgrade summary under my profile. Now where to use them before they expire on March 1, 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment