Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Day 6 Wednesday - Honolulu Oahu to Maui

I got up this morning to grab breakfast for everyone. I went to McDonalds, but the price and menu made me do a second take and I went to subway instead. They only have four sandwiches on their $6 list which was pretty skimpy. I got a meatball sub and a Italian sub as well. I had to stop by ABC store to get a bag if Maui chips.

I hustled to the Hard Rock Cafe to get my classic shirt before checking out of the hotel. The coach bus picked us up and dropped us off at the commuter terminal. We had about a 2 hour wait before our 21 minute ride to Kahului, Maui. We even got a quick juice service before landing. The $10 per bag luggage fee was outrageous. As we landed, I could see the blue and green crystal clear water glistening in the sun.

We made it to the Hertz rental and I got to check in quickly at the #1 Gold member line. We ended up getting a 2009 Nissan Altima and went about our way. We quickly got to our condo and unpacked. There was no air conditioning but the air was clean from the ocean breeze. We headed to Makawao to grab lunch and get some grocery for the week ahead. I got a cheese steak at Stopwatch Sports Grill. We went grocery shopping at Foodland and the prices of everything are so much more than the mainland. We save a few bucks by not eating out.

We headed back to the condo and unpacked/doing laundry from the week before now that we have laundry machines. At night, I drove back to Kahului to pick up our Go Maui passes for the attractions and picked up the sister/brother-in-law from the airport. We got back to the condo and had a quick dinner before going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment