Saturday, January 09, 2010

Day 9 Saturday - Maui

My sister and I made a morning trip to the grocery store to pick up a few more grocery items for the rest of our time here in Maui. It was a short fifteen minute drive to the local Foodland and a Starbucks run was made. I accidently mistook another lady's basket as my own and put or groceries in it.

We got back at about 8AM and had pancakes for breakfast with coconut syrup. We left shortly for Lahaina for the day activities and it took about an hour. We passed the city of Ma'alaea the way. The harbor was close to the city entrance and I had to parallel park in one of the spots. We went aboard the Reefdancer, a glass bottom boat to see fishes for about an hour. We saw an octopus, sea urchin, fishes and coral reef. The crew was scuba diving to bring us the creatures right up the window for a close look. The ride was short back to the shore as there are so many fishes one can see.

We walked a bit around town to go window shopping/browsing. I got a "I survived Hana highway" Survivor style shirt to commemorate my 52 mile journey yesterday. We drove to the Whaler's Village to get some Haagen-Dazs sundaes. Then straight to Lahaina Station to get on board the sugar cane train that went 70 minutes to Ka'anapali and P stations. We learned about the history of the sugar cane and had a slow drive through the coastal cities.

There was a Pizza Hut near the train station so we grabbed lunch there. After lunch, I made my way to the Maui Hard Rock Cafe to get my collectible t-shirt (#10). The drive home took about 75 minutes over 60 miles. I got back and relaxed before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment