Saturday, January 07, 2012

Coming up: Paris for a day

I'm currently in the American Airlines Flagship Lounge waiting for my flight in an hour from ORD-CDG and spending a day a Paris.  I am spending 2 days to get there and come back... but only spending 1 day in Paris.  Yeah, I am a sucker.  I should at least spend a few days but time is the luxury I do not have at the moment to to previous trip booked for next week to HNL and back and then taking 3 weeks off to Chinese New Year.  I am taking advantage of the Double Elite Qualifying Miles good through the end of the month to get a head start on requalifying on American Airlines Executive Platinum status.

My routing began as DFW-ORD-CDG-LHR-DFW and I then tacked on a quick DFW-SFO-DFW turn the night before to take AAdvantage of the same promotion and as well as the DFW-SFO/LAX promotion as well.  I will get to visit one of most popular cities and I get to visit the great Cathay Pacific and British Airways lounge during my layover/transit through London Heathrow on the way back.

I managed to get upgraded on both directions of the trip (minus the codeshare on British Airways from Paris to London).  I will do a full trip report when I get back.  I will try to keep my New Year's resolution of updating this Blog more regularly to allow my readers to live vicariously through my travels.  Here's a route map:


No comments:

Post a Comment