Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Part 11: SFO-DFW United FIRST CLASS








************************************
 
Part 11: SFO-DFW United FIRST CLASS
By the time I got on board, there was no more overhead space in First so the Flight Attendants let me use the front closet for my roll-on board luggage and vase set while I put my "food" bag under the seat in front of me.  Pre-departure beverages of water or orange juice were provided and we were on our way to Dallas shortly after the Gate Agent tried to Hawk Premium Economy seats to passengers wanting to upgrade to more leg room.  Nobody took up on their offer and after a last minute check to see if everyone was going to Dallas we were ready to go.






Anne was the First Class flight attendant taking care of the front cabin and she was very nice throughout the whole flight.  She was the one who helped me find space for my baggage during boarding.  Hot towel was given out after the slight smoothed out and she greeted passengers by name.  The food options were Sesame Chicken Salad (my choice) or a Warm Black Forrest Ham & Cheese Sandwich/Sunchips both served with vegetarian bean chili.  She then served everyone hot mixed nuts and I took mine with Sprite Zero (wanting to minimize caffeine intake and maximize sleep for the night).  The salad was surprisingly good and I only ate about half of the chili since it was subpar.


The overhead movie was Megamind so I got my laptop out to catch up on blogging as well as charging my phone as it died somewhere between the First Class Lounge and me boarding the plane.  I was a little disappointed to see that there was 6 people on the stand-by list and 20 seats were still available so no chance of a bump for today's flight. The passenger seating in the window seat next to me was also on my flight from Shanghai and he had about a 100 mile taxi ride waiting for him to OK when he lands at DFW.  He works for Chevron overseas and travels to China every other month.  As a United 1K/Global Services member he also has racked up miles on Lufthansa.  We chatted briefly during boarding and take off but when we smoothed out, he put his head phones on to watch the movie and then slept soundly (and snoring loudly!) after a few glasses of Chardonnay.  He did manage to wake up when I was eating and was the last one to be served in the cabin.  The passenger sitting across from me had a diabetic meal but I did not get a close look at what he actually got to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment