Saturday, January 19, 2013

First trip on AA done!

This was my first revenue flight this year on American Airlines since my positioning flight to LAX or the Star MegaDo in November. My upgrades cleared 4 days before departure (unlike United Airlines).


I got up at 3AM got to the airport by 4:40AM. I got precheck again so by the time I made it to gate C12, I had about 30 minutes before boarding. Boarding for my flight to Chicago was at 5:15AM and the Admiral's Club opened at 5:30AM. I waited around until we boarded and based on the seat map in the morning, first class was only half full. The rest were all Non-Revenues since it was an early flight with about 2/3 full of passengers on the ancient MD80 plane (with wifi). Pre-departure beverages of OJ or water were offered.



We had a continental breakfast that was a fruit plate with a side of yogurt and a choice of muffin or biscuit. I had a coffee with baileys to start off the day correct. We arrived at the gate early at Chicago so I had an extra 15 minute I lounge around.


I made my way to the H/K Admiral's Club and got a drink chit (for bottled water) due to my BA Silver status. I stayed for about 20 minutes and chatted for a whole with one of the agents who knew I was on a mileage run.

Fr my flight to Seattle, I was on an old Boeing 737 and there was even two empty seats (including the window seat next to me).  We had a choice of skillet scramble (eggs, bacon, cheese, black beans, and potatoes) with salsa or milk and cereal.  Both served with a fruit plate and a choice of muffin or biscuit. 

We landed into a foggy Seattle Tacoma Airport at Gate A7 and I proceeded to D1 where the Alaska Airlines Board Room lounge was located.

I presented my Priority Pass card (no ID check was required) and granted access the lounge. There were 2 floors available: the main floor for business use with 2 conference rooms, work booths, phone rooms/office space and the men's restroom while the upstairs house a more open area for socializing, the female restroom and bar area.

There is a self serve pancake machine but it was almost lunch time so it was not in use. There was a salad bar and cheese/crackers/pretzels as well. Downstairs had a sofa machine and an espresso/cappuccino machine serving Starbucks coffee while the upstairs area had a soda machine and coffee dispensers found at fast food places.

At noon, soup was brought out with upstairs featuring tomato bisque and ravioli and downstairs offering minestrone. Overall, it was a nice lounge with open bar (3 drink limit) and free wifi. I did find it to be crowded when I got there but I found a spot upstairs in a corner. By the time I left at 1PM, there was not many people left.

This lounge has $45 day passes available. Delta skyclub members can access it if flying on Delta or Alaska airlines flights. Admiral's Club members  can access it if flying on AA that day.

I made my way to Gate A8 when general boarding began. This flight on the MD 80 (with wifi) was very full.  We had hot nuts and drinks to start off. Meal choices were fish taco with rice and a side salad or buffalo chicken salad with ranch. Bread options were cheese, wheat or pretzel varieties. We also had a choice of macadamia nut or double chocolate cookies as well.


I used the wifi during the flight to pass the time along with fully charging up my laptop and phone with my DC adapter (cigarette lighter power port). We landed a bit early to Gate A29. I took the shuttle to The Parking Spot 2 and was in my car pretty fast.

I got about 4200 Elite Qualifying miles today. Off to a good start so far the year!  Liking the changes so far to the meals at AA so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment