Thursday, January 03, 2013

Up in the air again!

While 2013 is only 3 days in, I just got off my first flight of the year. UA 2529 from DFW to IAH operates by SkyWest on a Canadair Regional Jet 200 series.

I woke up at 3am and it was freezing outside. A few changes this year, per check now available at E15 (Delta gates), remodel of DFW United Club almost finished, and United drops the amount of Premier Qualifying miles for most partner airlines (those not involved with Joint Business Venture).

It's off to Boston for me after a stop at IAH Terminal C South United club. Best part is that the upgrade cleared 4 days before departure. Bad part is that my return does it look promising. I'm still number 1 on the list (for now).

The route is usually on a Continental 737 with more first class seats (16 or so). Right now, it is a United Airbus 319 with 8 seats. I have an exit row Economy plus seat right now. If not upgraded, it will be lunch from Wendy's or Panda Express for me.

I did book my first fun trip yesterday. I booked the trip on AA/BA next month. DFW-MIA-JFK-ZRH // IST-LHR-DFW. Upgrades waitlisted both ways for the transatlantic portion. Here's to the upgrade clearing sooner than later.

I will have to make my own way between ZRH and IST... Using miles. More on that later.

Safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment