Sunday, June 17, 2012

Next trip is booked

Jetting off again in a matter of few weeks...

Outbound all on Lufthansa so far... DFW-FRA First Class (Airbus 330) then FRA-MUC Business Class (Airbus 321) then MUC-HKG First Class (Airbus 340). This was 70,000 United miles plus $65 in taxes.

My goal is to change to the Airbus 380 and transit via Tokyo, Beijing, or Singapore. I would rather connect to Lufthansa from LAX, SFO, ORD, or IAD for the First Class Lounge access before the flight.  This would be my first time to transit through Munich... it will be interesting to check out the First Class lounge there... plus add a new duck to my collection!

map

Hotel is undecided for now but I do want to try the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Sha Tin a few nights and possibly Hong Kong Courtyard with some free nights certificates. Hong Kong hotels are expensive! I do need a few more nights/stay credits at Hyatt to keep Diamond status.

The return is HKG-LAX Cathay Pacific First Class (Boeing 777) and then LAX-DFW on American Airlines (Boeing 757). This costs 67,500 AA miles plus $36 in taxes.

map

I am still thinking about where to go in addition to Hong Kong. Bangkok, Xi'An or maybe Saigon/Ho Chih Minh city.

We shall see what happens next. I am glad I have something booked for now.

Here are the routes I have taken with Lufthansa thus far:

map

All were in First Class (DFW-FRA / SFO-FRA / ORD-FRA / IAD-FRA / FRA-ICN / FRA-PEK) with the only exception of FRA-CDG (Business Class).  I am hoping to get a flight from the US in either LAX or JFK this time and would prefer a longer flight (from LAX, SFO, DEN, IAH, or even SEA) but the Airbus 380 would be awesome!


Here are the routes I have taken with Cathay Pacific to/from the US thus far:

map
Note: SFO-HKG was in First Class on Boeing 747, HKG-LAX was flown in Boeing 777-300ER (New) Business Class last year in October, and the HKG-YVR-JFK was flown Boeing 777-300ER back in April.

This will be my first time in First Class on the Boeing 777-300ER with 6 seats in First (versus 9 on Boeing 747).  It is arranged in 2 rows of a 1-1-1 configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment