Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rendezvous Redux

Just a quick up date on my trip next week...


I have finally decided on what I am doing or where I am going and staying:
  • I will fly on Lufthansa and Thai Airways on the Outbound
    • Lufthansa DFW-FRA-MUC
    • I will be transiting Frankfurt and Munich (first time there)
    • It would take me 2 days to get to Asia by routing through Europe but I get 2 long haul First Class flights
    • Frankfurt FIRST CLASS Lounge
    • I will be stopping in Bangkok for one day and night
    • Thai Airways MUC-BKK-HKG
    • Thai Airways FIRST CLASS Lounge & Spa Services
    • Rubber duckies
  •  I will be transiting through Hong Kong again.
  • I will fly Cathay Pacific First Class on the return (Via LAX) and am the only one in FIRST Class Cabin at the moment
  • The hotels I have booked and will be staying with:
    • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel for one night (using a promotional Marriott free night certificate) with a current the daily rate is about $185 (including taxes)
      • As a Marriott Gold Member, I will have access to the Executive Lounge to enjoy free drinks, Hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and breakfast during this free stay
    • Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin for one night with a current the daily rate is about $170 (including taxes)
      • As a Hyatt Diamond Member, I will have access to the Regency Club Lounge to enjoy free drinks, Hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and breakfast during this paid stay
      • I will also receive a special welcome food and beverage amenity during the stay and receive a nightly room refresh
    • Grand Hyatt Hong Kong for 3 nights 
      • As a Hyatt Diamond Member, I will have access to the Grand Club Lounge to enjoy free drinks, Hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, and breakfast during this paid stay 
      • I will also receive a special welcome food and beverage amenity during the stay and receive a nightly room refresh
      • I will be using one of my 4 confirmed Suite Upgrade awards to get a Harbor View Room on a Club Floor
      • I am using promotional FREETIME rate (Stay 3 nights but pay only for 2 nights)
        • Hotels and resorts outside the US, Canada and the Caribbean:
        • Receive 1 free night during your stay from June 21- September 8. Minimum length of stay required, varies by property.
        • 2 p.m. late checkout
    •  My Marriott free night certificate expires September 30 of this year so I wanted to use it before then as it is limited to Category 1 to 4 properties
    • I need the Hyatt Stays/Nights  for requalifying Diamond Status and thus the need for staying at 2 different properties (as I am trying to requalify with 25 stays at Hyatt this year as opposed to 50 nights)
I will keep you posted and have a trip report as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment