Sunday, June 10, 2012

Star Alliance Mega-Trip 2012: Lufthansa Lounge and British Airways Lounge at IAD

Star Alliance Mega-Trip 2012  
a.      Introduction/Preface
f.       Exploring Frankfurt
t.        Conrad Tokyo
u.      Exploring Tokyo


Lufthansa Lounge and British Airways Lounge at IAD

I then took the train to Terminal B and went to the Lufthansa Lounge.  By that time, it was about 10:45AM and the lounge closed at 11AM.  I gave the attendant my inbound and continuing boarding pass so that I would have to the lounge for a quick shower.  After reminding me that the lounge would be closing soon and that my shower needed to be quick, I was finally allowed in and go downstairs for the shower area.  I left a few minutes after 1PM and at that time NH1 was boarding from the lounge area for passengers heading to Tokyo.  



I saw that I had access to the British Airways lounge using my Priority Pass card.  It was located near the Lufthansa Lounge so I went upstairs and was greeted by the agent who told me that I had access until 2:30PM and then it was only for British Airways use from there on. 









We only had access to the Business side of the lounge and there was a decent selection of drinks and snacks available.  I used the computers until 12:40PM and then took the trains back to Terminal D for boarding my flight.

I arrived at about 1:05PM and was the last passenger to board the plane by taking the stairs down to the tarmac.  One of the pilots was there and he walked with me to the plane as he had bought a Subway sandwich to eat during the flight.  They waited for me before closing and finalizing the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment