Sunday, June 10, 2012

Star Alliance Mega-Trip 2012: Conrad Tokyo

Star Alliance Mega-Trip 2012  
a.      Introduction/Preface
f.       Exploring Frankfurt
t.        Conrad Tokyo
u.      Exploring Tokyo

Conrad Tokyo 



I took the Friendly Limousine Service to Tokyo City Air Terminal since it left at 11:50AM instead of the direct bus to the hotel as it would leave 2 hours later.  The cost would be the same ¥2,900 ($39) either way but the route I took required me to pay for a taxi to the Conrad and that set me back another ¥1,700 ($21).  It allowed me to get into my hotel room about 2 hours earlier and not have to wait at the airport.  The bus journey took about an hour and I was at the Conrad by 1PM.   

All of the bus service staff were pretty efficient in handling everything and took care of my baggage.  After arriving at the station, I hailed a taxi and gave the driver a piece of paper with my hotel name written out in Japanese.  I was told the cost should be ¥1,000 by the airport bus service but the meter ran even when we were waiting at the stop lights.  It was worth the $20 to get to my hotel room, settle in, use the internet, and rest before heading out to explore the city.




I was immediately greeted in the front and taken up to the 28th floor where the lobby was located and hotel started.  The rest of the build contains office space.  I checked in with the front desk and was told that I had been upgraded to the 37th floor (with the Executive Lounge) and had a city view.  After signing the paperwork, getting maps, and purchasing my return bus ticket, my attendant took me up to my room and thanked me for choosing The Conrad Tokyo.  He gave me a thorough tour of the huge room I was given, pointed out the subway routes, and answered all my questions.  He also showed me where the Executive Lounge was and that I was welcome to enjoy drinks and food in there every day.  He left later and went to get me some WiFi access cards.  He was very polite and it really showed that he enjoyed his job. 
 
































 I started unpacking my bags and discovered that on one of my (newly bought prior to this trip) checked luggage suitcases has a broken zipper, making it useless as I had to pry it open with no way to close it.  I get to buy a new suitcase in Tokyo while I am exploring the town.  After another attendant came to give me the Wifi cards, I took a much needed shower.  Then another attendant came and presented me with a plate of chocolates and welcomed me to the hotel.  They were a pretty good snack while I did some work on the internet.  I went to the Executive Lounge to enjoy some light refreshments.  At about 6:30PM, I left the hotel room to go explore the city; which was a big mistake I later realized as most shops close at 7 to 8PM in Tokyo.


In the hotel, there is a café on the 28th main floor, several restaurants (Chinese, French, and Japanese), a gym and spa; but I did not take the time to explore them. They had umbrellas for rent from the bellman and mine was named Felix.  I thought I had lost in on the train and told them to charge it to my room but they told me it was not a problem.  I found it eventually when I took off my bag and I had it hooked on to it so I returned (with great relief!) immediately.

Welcome chocolates
 

 




Overall, the hotel was really nice and I would highly recommend them as everyone on the staff was very friendly and hospitable.  It is located in a nice part of town with convenient access to the Oedo train line and the JR rail station.  It is within walking distance to Ginza, Shindome, and Tsukiji fish market.

Here are some pictures from the Executive Lounge for breakfast and afternoon teas.














1 comment:

  1. Wow this is Unique website looking nice & attractive.You have AN INCREDIBLE vocabulary.It is very informative for those users who want to know about Air lines services.Thanks by Limo Services DFW.

    ReplyDelete