Monday, April 16, 2012

Star Alliance Mega-Trip 2012: Thai First Class Lounge and Spa at BKK

Star Alliance Mega-Trip 2012  
a.      Introduction/Preface
f.       Exploring Frankfurt
t.        Conrad Tokyo
u.      Exploring Tokyo

Thai First Class Lounge and Spa at BKK 

Personal living room
After checking my onward passport, I was welcomed into the lounge.  Nothing has changed since August and I enjoyed staying in the lounge again, even for a short amount of time.  The assistant I had assigned to me last time was there and it was goo catching up with him.  I immediately inquired about going to the Royal Orchid Spa to get my complimentary one hour massage since I had about 90 minutes in transit time due to the late arrival from Frankfurt.  One of the assistants took me to the lounge and they were immediately ready for me and all I needed was to sign a consent form. 

Spa waiting area


Towel and tea
I sat in the waiting area for 20 seconds before my therapist came by to take me into room number 2 and then was taken to the private bathroom to change out of my clothes.  The only thing to change into was only a skimpy fishnet-like underwear with the consistency of a see-through sweater depending on the lighting.   






My therapist instructed me to get on the massage table after giving me samples of the scented massage oils available.  I enjoyed the next hour or so of massage but felt that she did not apply too much pressure.  It was a bunch of rubbing to mainly helping circulation before a long flight.  Nevertheless, it was very relaxing and I almost fell asleep.  After the massage, I took a shower to get the oil off my body and then changed back into my clothes.



Next, I was led to the resting room where I was given a cup of tea and some snack along with a survey of my experience in the spa.  It was a great experience once again and this part of the ground service is a strong point for Thai Airways.   





After returning back to the First Class lounge, I used the computer for a bit and ordered some food to enjoy.  I ordered some spring rolls, fried rice with ham, and Thai style grilled beef.  They were all very good and delicious.  I waited around until 3:35PM and one of the attendants came by to let me know it was time for boarding.  I was driven to my plane in a golf cart along with another passenger from the lounge to our departing gate.  We were the last 2 passengers to board on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment