Friday, July 20, 2012

Over the Pacific on Cathay: American Airlines Flagship Lounge JFK

Over the Pacific on Cathay
a.       Introduction/Preface
d.      Admiral’s Club SFO
American Airlines Flagship Lounge JFK


As soon as we were off the plane, I called the AA Executive Platinum desk and found out that due to the delay on Cathay Pacific, I was already confirmed and protected on the 3PM flight to Washington DCA and then on to DFW with an arrival of after 9PM.  I asked if I can switch to the nonstop flight to DFW AA 855 that would arrive at 7:35PM.  I figured it would be easier to ask one of the check-in agents at JFK instead of having the agent over the phone rebook me.

Global entry kiosk did not take too long and after getting my receipt, I was able to find Myrtle, the contracted British Airways ground staff, handling out flight at the baggage claim.  I asked her about the status of my bag and she eventually had to file a report on it after we waited to see if it perhaps came on the carousel.  It was 11:30AM by the time the report was finished and I made my way to Terminal 8 to check in for my AA flight. 

It was about noon by the time I got to Terminal 8 and I headed towards the premium check-in.  The agent helping me told me that there were only 2 seats left on the nonstop flight and that she would book me on it (it was in full Y class) and I was first on the upgrade list so far.  At this point, I did not really care if I got upgraded or not as long as I get home at the earliest if possible since I have to work tomorrow and the rest of the weekend.  After the long journey with the delay in Hong Kong and missing bag, I am ready to head on home.

Premium Check-In

I made my way to security was surprised to see that JFK has pre-check now.  I had the agent scan my boarding pass and I was eligible once again so security literally took only 30 seconds for me.  I made my way upstairs to the American Airlines flagship lounge and settled there for the next 4 hours.  There were selections snacks and light food items set out and plenty of drinks available.  It gave me time to catch up on some TV shows, check emails, and surf the internet plus nodding off here and there. 
Elevator to the lounge

JFK Terminal 8
Admiral's Club entrance

Dining Area

Buffet Spread

Buffet Spread

Seating Area

Great views of the tarmac

Snacks

Chicken Tortilla Soup


Dessert Case


Open Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment