Thursday, July 19, 2012

Over the Pacific on Cathay: Cathay Pacific The Cabin HKG

Over the Pacific on Cathay
a.       Introduction/Preface
d.      Admiral’s Club SFO
 
 Cathay Pacific The Cabin HKG

 We landed a few minutes later than the scheduled arrival time of 6:15 AM.  The view of Hong Kong Harbor was spectacular despite gloomy weather and we did descend through some storm clouds.  We parked at gate 22 and the aircraft was headed to Jakarta at 9:15AM when I went back to that gate later.  After we were parked at the gate, I took the time to take the picture of an empty cabin and then made my way to re-clear security.  I got stuck behind an old lady and she really took her sweet time as they eventually found several bottles and cans of drinks she had smuggled from on-board.  After that ordeal was over, it was almost 7AM.   


My next flight was departing out of Gate 17 and this Airbus 330 aircraft featured a special livery emblazed with a golden dragon on each side of the fuselage (which was also the plane taking me to Guangzhou).  Since the departure was 8:05AM and the boarding time was 7:40AM, I took some time to enjoy a few bites at The Cabin along with a smoothie (to make up for the one I never got onboard).


The Cabin's IT Zone


After arriving at The Cabin, then lounge attendant took my invitation and told me that there was not any shower facilities available.  I made my way to the buffet line and the juice bar to grab a few things to eat and then spent the rest of my short time making phone calls and catching up on emails.  I left at 7:30AM and headed to my departure gate.  By the time I arrival, general boarding had begun but I made my way to the front of the line to board as a Business Class passenger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment