Thursday, July 19, 2012

Over the Pacific on Cathay: Business Class on Dragon Air HKG-CAN

Over the Pacific on Cathay
a.       Introduction/Preface
d.      Admiral’s Club SFO

Business Class on Dragon Air HKG-CAN

Dragon Air 782 HKG-CAN
April 20, 2012
Airbus 330
Departure Time: 8:05AM
Arrival Time: 8:55AM
Flight Time: 50 minutes
Seat: 12H        Business Class
Aircraft Registration: B-HYW


This aircraft featured a 3 class cabin but the First section was not used on this short route.  Once onboard, I was greeted by the purser and made my way to the forward Business Cabin to my seat.  I put my roll-on board into the overhead locker, sat down, and was offered a moist towelette and a pre-departure beverage
 
 
We were scheduled to leave at 8:05AM, left the gate shortly before that, and were eventually airborne at about 8:20AM.  The service the flight was very short since we the time frame in which the seat belt since was turned off for a duration of about only 5 minutes and it felt that we were descending as soon as we reached a cruising altitude.  


We were each given a bottle of water and a quick canapés snack box.  As soon as I finished mine, one of the cabin crew came by to pick up the box.  I had already prefilled out an arrival card for China ahead of time so that it was one less thing to worry about or have to do.  I did take a card from the flight attendant for the next time I visit China.  An episode of Modern Family was shown on the overhead monitors during the brief flight.



Business Class Seats

The weather in Guangzhou was pretty horrid as there was plentiful rain hitting the ground.  We arrived a few minutes late and were at Gate 102 by 9AM.  It was a 5 minute walk to the arrivals hall and I was one of the first passengers through the immigration desk.  The luggage came out 15 minutes later but I had to wait another 15 minutes to get my bag despite a priority tag.  Then we had to go through the customs x-ray machine and there was a bottle neck crowding there.   

After all that was done and over, it was 9:45AM.  I waited a while for my cousin to pick me up and due to the weather in Guangzhou, he was running late.  I took the metro to the hotel and met him there.  It took about 10 minutes to haul my baggage to the station and I had to get change since the machine only accepted small bills of 10 or less.  The attendant was only there to break larger bills and make change.  I bought a single journey token for ¥7 which is about $1.10 for the 45 minute journey that required one transfer along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment