Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Over the Pacific on Cathay: Cathay Pacific First & Business Class Lounge at SFO

Over the Pacific on Cathay
a.       Introduction/Preface
d.      Admiral’s Club SFO

Cathay Pacific First & Business Class Lounge at SFO

The walk took about 10 minutes and I had to walk past all the United check-in counters.  I was checked-in by a nice agent, Julie, who printed off my boarding passes and lounge invitations for both of my continuing flights.  She walked out from behind the counter to greet me.  She also took my luggage tag receipt and told me that she would let me know when the bag was loaded onto the plane.  She also offered to sign me up for the Marco Polo club at no charge since the airport had a special promotion where the $50 initiation fee would be waived.  I asked her if the First Class cabin as full and she told me unfortunately it was tonight.  The Chicago flight was canceled due to mechanical problems and they rerouted all the passengers they could on other Cathay Flights.  









There was a fast track security lane but once it merged with the regular lane, there was a bottle neck to go through the Nude-o-Scopes.  When that entire security circus ordeal was done and over with, it was about 11PM.  I made my way to the Cathay Pacific Lounge and signed up to take a shower before my flight so that I would have that fresh and clean feeling before falling asleep on the plane.  I was second in line and since one of the three shower rooms was out of order, the line was longer than usual.  I tried to use the computer in the lounge and the wifi, but both were very slow.  











After the shower, I grabbed a few bites to eat from the noodle bar and the buffet spread.  Of the two choices of the noodle soup with wontons and Dan Dan noodles, only the latter was available.  There was also penne pasta with marina sauce and also curry chicken served with rice along with sandwiches.  Desserts consisted of yogurt, tart, cake, and fruit.  There were several drink choices available that consisted of: juices, tea, soft drinks, and a large selection of alcohol available as well.  As the night progressed, the lounge got more crowded and it was hard to find a place to sit down to eat even. 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment