Thursday, December 03, 2009

England Day 1

We departed the plane not from the terminal, but had to get off in stairs and take a bus to the gate. Apparently, American only has 5 gates at LHR and they were all occupied. It was different since the last time I did it was back in 1996 coming to the US from China. I had filled out my immigration card ahead of time and using the Fast Track for flying business, I cleared customs in no time. I waited about 10 minutes for my bags to come out and was one of the first to get it. I put both of them with my carry on on a trolley and proceeded to find the arrivals lounge.

I had to take the elevators to the 3rd floor. After inspecting my boarding pass, I push my luggage trolley to the designated area. Took advantage of the clean restrooms, computer and the breakfast lay out. I had 2 types of yogurts and croissants. They had cookies available and I took some to go since they were wrapped. The lounge was very peaceful and only 3 other people were there when I left.

I had bind my carry on on top of one of my checked luggage as I only had 2 arms. It took me a while but I had a make shift double decker of luggage. I walked to the bus circle and had just missed my bus that ran 2 times a hour. I waited until the bust got there and was the last one on the bus since I had so many luggage. I was nervous about the bags falling here and there so I had to make some modifications to my double decker typing. I got off at the familiar spot if the train station as last time.

The hard part was making the phone call for pick up from my hospitality. I waited about 30 minutes before having the guts to approach someone to borrow their phone. It would have cost $3 to call via credit card on the pay phone. I was far too cheap for that. I approached a young women who was smoking and she was nice enough to let me use her phone. My ride picked me up and took me to her home. It took me a while to free my luggage so we chatted while I did that.

I relaxed and check my emails when I got there and decided to start a new blog to capture my lift post-graduation and student life.

No comments:

Post a Comment