Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Last Mileage Run for the year... EXECUTIVE PLATINUM now

I scheduled two appointments in the morning. The optometrist cleared me for my vision being vision close to being 20/15 almost and will need to visit only if I had any problems. I had my dental cleaning in the morning as well.

I drove to the Fasttrack Parking lot for my day trip. I went through security and boarded into First Class with no problem. Since the plane was a Super 80, there was no TV available. The plane came from Minneapolis to Dallas to Fort Lauderdale to Dallas to Austin. The nuts were ok with my Jack and Diet Coke. The flight attendants seemed out of it or tired since they were less than friendly.

I used my iPod the whole time since there was no entertainment. When we landed, I left the secure area to recheck in and get a boarding pass. I boarded the plane in First Class again and to my surprise, it was the same crew. This has been the first time something like this has happened. I was glad that there were not any interruption or flight cancelations all day.

An older lady sat next to me and had limited mobility. Her daughter preboarded with her. She first patted my leg and asks if I spoke English. Then she asked if I would switch with her daughter in coach. She begged that I did it for her. I asked if she realized that we were in First class and her daughter was in coach. It seemed like this was her first time in First as she copied everything that I did with the seat. Dinner was a choice with of chicken or pasta shells and I went with my gut feeling by choosing the chicken.

I got back to DFW at 9PM and went home. That was my last paid flight of the year and the flights that put me over 100K with 100,006 miles. I was lucky that all my upgrades cleared all ahead of time for the trip. So it will take in effect on January 2, 2010 for the change.




So what does the next year hold? Well, since Executive Platinum (EXP) is the highest status of the AAdvantage program, it is also the highest of the OneWorld alliance with Emerald Status. So for the next fourteen months, I get the following benefits:

1. Unlimited complimentary upgrades domestically in the US, Canada, Caribbean, and Central America on any paid flights. They will clear 100 hours before the scheduled departure

2. Eight one-way upgrades for any three segments of travel that includes domestically and internationally. That means I could travel for example, DFW to NRT and get upgraded to the next class of service. I could also do LHR to BOS to LAX to NRT or do NRT to LAX to MIA to BCN. They are worth thousands of dollars. The only downside is an UK or France tax for premium travel in the Europe.

3. Special call center for EXP use only. They answer calls within a matter of seconds of calling them and take really great care of their highest members

4. Ability to upgrade traveling companions with 500 mile stickers that are earned or purchased.

5. First and Business Club/Lounge access when traveling internationally to all OneWorld lounges when traveling an OneWorld flight regardless of cabin (economy or business or first) which includes American Admiral's Club, Cathay Pacific Lounge, British Airways Executive Lounge, Japan Airline Sakura Lounge and others in OneWorld Alliance

6. No baggage fees for myself and those traveling with me (Gold and Platinum get it as well)

7. First class check in on all OneWorld counters

8. Ability to use Priority AAccess security and board after First and Business class

9. Expanded MilesAAver availability for award travel

10. No expedited award travel fee so I could use miles for travel 4 hours before the flight leaves with no extra fees

11. No service charge for calling an agent to book any flights for myself and any traveling companions

12. Availability for economy ticket 24 hours before the flight

13. Priority for First or Business tickets

14. Ability for Revenue Management to release premium seats for upgrade

15. Free snack and Alcoholic Beverage on American Eagle flights or when traveling in economy (if an upgrade did not clear)

16. Highest priority for standby for missed flights or wanting to get on an earlier flight

17. Expanded award availability

No comments:

Post a Comment