Monday, December 07, 2009

England Day 5

I woke up late again and Jon took me on a MP3 tour of the city. We saw a few colleges, went by to grab some pasties for breakfast, and went inside King's Church. Since he was a student, we got free admission. It was set up similar to Westminster Abbey with the stained glass and the wooden pews. I stopped by boots to get some snacks... the pine apple slices were a rip off (£1.85) while the dried apricots were £.20 for a small (originally £.80). He grabbed a new cell phone at the T-mobile store having the requisite one hour of bank history in the UK. He will pay 20 a month with 24 month contract (nice) free phone that allows 300 minutes (they do not round up minutes in UK), unlimited internet and text. All incoming texts and calls are free. UK does have the better phone packages compared to the US.

We decided to hit up a pub for afternoon snack. I had never been in a pub before. We sat down, placed our order at the bar, and they brought the food out to us. We dined on fish & chips along with cottage pie. The menu was pretty cheap for a meal. Can't beat the special of £3.20 for fish, chips, tea, toast/butter, and peas on the afternoon special. We split the meats in half and enjoyed a great meal. I can finally say that I have eaten fish and chips.

We walked home and rested. Dinner was vermicelli noodles with stir fry and egg rolls on the side. Jon took me to ASDA (owned by Walmart) and it was an interesting set up of grocery items.

Before going off to bed, we all three played Scrabble and snacked on tea/cookies. I won of course. The best part was my bingo of 86 points. I did have to used two blanks to spell out bandages or in my case banda**s. I finally broke the 300 point goal that I have had for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment