Friday, December 11, 2009

England Day 9

Woke up at 10AM despite staying up late to watch a mid season finale for one of my shows. I got ready quickly since I wanted to take advantage of the daylight. I left at 11:30AM and grabbed a quick bite to eat before heading to the train. I got off at the Waterloo station and walked to the embankment station so I could take in the sights. I walked by the London eye where it was not crowded at all. I casually walked by the river, Westminster bridge and Big Ben. I took the tube to Tottenham Court Road and had lunch at McDonalds. Some guy was passing out vouchers for £1.99 lunch of Big Mac and fries. I took advantage of this for a bit of bite to eat.

I walked to Trafalgar Square, something I missed the last time I was here. I took some pictures of the place along with The National Gallery. There was environmental demonstration going on in the front. People in pup tents and dreadlocks. I went quickly through the gallery by spending time with the Renaissance art and Van Eryk. I did look at the gift shop and everything was overpriced. I was not willing to pay £3 for a magnet nor £12 for a poster replica.

I needed a snack so I went to McDonalds again with another voucher. I took my food to go his time. I spent my last day of being in Central London shopping for souvenirs. Tee shirt for me, key chain for me, mugs for me, one mug for my sister, a shot glass for my mum, socks and purse for a friend. Headed back to the suburb and waited for Celine. I went by Marks & Spencer to get cookies for a friend. Six packs should tide him over. We met up and walked to waitrose where I got a voucher for my hospitality taking care of me. Went back to Celine place and had some tea before we left for the home meeting. It was a small meeting and I got dropped off shortly after when it was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment