Tuesday, December 08, 2009

England Day 6

Woke up early with the expectations of going to York via bus ride. After I started to get ready by showering and packing... we discovered that we could not buy the day of tickets to York. Well, we decided that it was not worth it to travel 1 day each to go there back so I canceled the trip. I decided to stay in Cambridge through tomorrow morning and will head back to London for more sight seeing and hanging out with friends.

Breakfast consisted of pancakes, hash browns, and sausages. They were quite tasty. I made sure to get plenty of food this morning. Jon had to take care of some stuff for school so I caught up on some of my shows online. They had four trainees from FTTL over and we had lunch together. I had a great time meeting with everyone and getting to know them. One couple was graduating and heading back to Australia soon. I got their contact info and will hit them up for when I go visit Sydney in the future.

We went to the river to go boating but arrived too late as it was dark when we got there at 4:30PM. We then headed towards the Fitzwilliam Museum and had about 30 minutes to tour the galleries for free. We proceeded to Mills Street for the Asian grocery stores. We got ingredients from three different places and the journey took us about an hour. When we got back via a short cut in the back alley, we got to eat pho that Mary prepared all day. I had about 3 servings which would equate to a large bowl at the restaurant. We enjoyed some mochi balls with ice cream for dessert.

More people showed up and we had a prayer meeting. This one was small and more intimate. I watched more shows and we played a game of Scrabble until the wee hours of the night. Last day in Cambridge and heading back to London in the morning when I get back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment