Thursday, December 10, 2009

England Day 8

Woke up to the sound of vaccuming and cleaning. It turns out that the maid was doing all the heavy lifting up and down the stairs. I got ready quickly and headed out the door by 11AM. I stopped by Greggs for some pasty and a bottle of water at Marks & Spencer and some snakcs at Sainbury's. I got the Waterloo train station at about noon. I got off at Tottenham Court Road to gather some intel about where to get souvenirs. I did get a voucher from this guy for £1.99 Big Mac and fries meal deal at McDonalds. I jaded back to the tube and went to Leicester Square tube.

I waited about twenty minutes for someone to show up. We walked across Soho district and china town to gt to a French restaurant. Thye ha a £7.80 lunch special menu. I had the falafel/hummus for starter and a beef/potatoes dish for the main. Tim had mussels for his starter and a duck with potatoes for his main. I had a taste of the duck and it was tasty. We talked and caught up over lunch. I skipped dessert as I was stuffed and he had a cup of tea. He walked me over to oxford street as I wanted to visit John Lewis department store for a paellea pan. I had no such luck.

I grabbed a after-eight McFlurry for a quick dessert and browsed through H & M to se if anything caught me eye. Nothing did so I made my way back to the British Museum. I toured the remainder of the exhibits for an hour (mainly the Egyptian and Greek) I enjoyed the greek statues more. For some reason, the egyptian stuff seems weird to me. I stopped by his souvenir shop where they hav the best deals for mugs. Another place nearby had cheap but good quality magnets. I got them for my work staff. I went to another place for a cheap pewtwer frame. After that I headed back home for dinner. The train took 35 minutes as it stopped 9 times on the way. I liked the direct train better, but those are from 5 to 6PM I believe. I made it home with ten minutes to spare as the souvenirs were getting heavier with each step. I did take a wrong stop somewhere so I had to backtrack since I took the back exit from the station.

There were some guest for dinner tonght and I briefly greeted them. Dinner was good with chicken and fish entrees. The dessert of peaches was great. I cleared the dishes and place them in the dishwasher before heading upstairs to retire for the night. I managed to stay awake to catch up on finishing one of my shows. Too bad it won't be back until April.

No comments:

Post a Comment