Friday, December 04, 2009

England Day 2

I stayed up late the night before so I was unable to get up in time to go anywhere for a whole day. I woke up at noon and managed to leave the house at 1PM.

I stopped by two grocery stores to pick up some snacks. I went by Barclays to withdraw cash (free of charge for being a Bank of America customer). I bought a day pass to Central London and had no problem navigating the underground. I had £28 left on my oyster card when I inquired the balance at the station. Since I was mapless (it was not returned to me) when I got out of the underground, I had a hard time finding the museum. I was able to navigate using the general maps of central London in my guide book.

I stopped by to get a snack along the way and got to the British Museum at 2:30PM. I did notice that prices at the same chain of grocery store was more expensive in London rather than the suburbs. I toured about half the exhibits spending a lot of time in the China Pottery and Money Room. By the time I got to the the exhibits that I really want to see, they closed up the upper floors. I decided that it was time for me to go back home. I stopped by the gift shop to get a holographic postcard that had night and day views of the museum. I also grabbed a guide book before I left. My last stop was the Rosetta stone and it took a while to catch some photos since so many people were in front of it. I enjoyed visiting the museum and since it was free, I will have to go back and finish up seeing the exhibits that I had missed.

On my way back, I stopped by two souvenir shops. I did not buy anything but I did take note of the prices so that I know what kinds of prices I am dealing with later next week. There was hardly anyone at the home meeting so after dinner, I went up stairs to check my email and watch some TV shows. I fell asleep way past midnight around 3 AM. It was 9PM US time, so I am still adjusting to the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment