Saturday, December 05, 2009

England Day 3

I woke up at around 1:30PM since I stayed up late watching my shows till 3 AM. I took a shower and packed up my belongings. I ate some left overs for lunch and the sister packed me some fruit for me to take along on my trip. I looked up to see how I would make it to Cambridge by train. I have to take a train to Vauxhill, then transfer to the Victoria line to King's Cross and then the direct train to Cambridge. I missed my original train since I got to the station late via the front entrance. The only trains at that time went straight to Waterloo so I took that route. The whole trip was interesting since I had to carry 2 heavy luggage bags up and down the stairs/escalators and the card booths. I took the Northern line to Warren street stop to change to the Victoria Line but that stop was closed. I took it to Euston, the next stop and had to go across the station to transfer. By the time I got King's Cross, my arm was tired. I found an elevator to the platform and managed to catch my train a minute before I left. It was a 45 minute ride to Cambridge and the sky was already dark at 4:15PM... sun sets early in England I guess.

By the time I arrived, the rain started. I dragged my luggage to the front of the station. Jon found me in no time. He arrived on bike so we had to both drag my luggage in the rain. It was about a 20 minute walk in the cold rain. I was very glad that I was leaving one of the bags in Cambridge and will be responsible only for my own from now on. I took my bag to the very top of the house on the 3rd floor. The space is very cozy and the room is pretty small. Some students came over while Mary was cooking the dinner. I surfed on the internet for a bit on my iPod touch and talked for a bit.

Dinner consisted of ribs, tuna quiche (which I ate very little of), zucchini, potatoes and rice. I ate plenty of ribs and got to cut some of them up when everyone took all the small pieces. Dessert consisted of a lemon tart which was quite tasty as I took a small piece. After everyone left, Jon made me go to the grocery store with him. We took a small trek and it turns out the store closed early on weekends. We tried to find another store near but were unsuccessful. By the time we got back, it was about 10:30PM. We talked into the wee hours and I went to bed around midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment