Sunday, December 13, 2009

England Day 11

I woke up by myself for once with everyone bustling downstairs. I got a ride from Daniel and we went to pick up 2 people from this nice glass house by the Thames. We got their late, picked them up and then turned back to the house since the rental school building was not open due to the caretaker not showing up. I helped move the chairs and set up. It was a good meeting and I enjoyed seeing everyone.

Lunch at Celine and Shem's place consisting of a hodge podge of different foods. Soup, to rotisserie chicken, to fired dumplings and tofu. It was a great meal and I overstuffed myself. Dessert consisted of creme puffs and Ben & Jerry's. I quite enjoyed the Baked Alaska since it does not exist in the US.

We waited for Samuel to arrive and I relaxed a bit till he got there. We caught up after picking up at the train station. We proceeded to visit Hampton Court but it rained so we headed back to the car after making a stop at the Gift Shop. We waited a while at their place while I took a nap and Samuel got his things ready for his travels.

We went to Gourmet Kitchen Burger for dinner. We shared onion rings and fries while the burgers were made. Shem had a Eggplant/cheese, Celine had Falafel, Samuel had lamb/goat cheese, and I had a Bacon/Guacamole Burger. We got back and counted Samuel's loose change accumulated from the last few months. I got dropped off at Angel's place and caught the end of X factor. Finished packing up and prepared for departure tomorrow. Back to the states in business. Will visit American Airlines Admiral Club, British Airways Galleries and Cathay Pacific Lounges tomorrow.

Travel flash: My return flight from FLL on Wednesday was upgraded to First with stickers. Only two people got upgraded but otherwise the cabin looks empty. Still waiting for my outbound flight and chances are slim since there are only four seats left and only one is not a bulkhead. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment